nanog mailing list archives

Re: gmail security is a joke

From: Saku Ytti <saku () ytti fi>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 16:11:19 +0300

On (2015-05-27 14:19 +0200), Owen DeLong wrote:

Hey,

If someone has the ability to hijack your BGP, then you???ve got bigger problems than
having them take over your Gmail account.

This is second reply to this notion. I don't understand what is attempted to
communicate. I'm sure no one on nanog thinks BGP hijacks are rare, difficult
or yield to consequences when called out.

That???s interesting??? Why do you choose to give access to your personal SMS messages
to so many of your coworkers?

I don't, but they can provision my number to any SIM they want to.

--
  ++ytti