nanog mailing list archives

Re: optical gear cooling requirements

From: Edward Salonia <ed () edgeoc net>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 17:12:21 -0500

Cisco makes an Air Plenum for front/back air flow.

- M6 chassis:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/optical/hardware/15454install/guide/hig15454/hig_15454M6.html#pgfId-863233
- M2 chassis:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/optical/hardware/15454install/guide/hig15454/hig_15454M2.html#pgfId-628924

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Alex Rubenstein <alex () corp nac net> wrote:

The rock has turned over for a moment and I have crawled out. It is good
to see the sunlight from time to time.

Those who know me know my life has gotten away from networking and that
sort of thing, and I am fully immersed in datacenter design and
construction for IT type loads (blades, compute, disk, etc.). However, I am
presented with the challenge of having to deal with some optical gear
(Ciena stuff, mainly). My question: have the optical folks woken up and
made things cool front to back, or are they still in to the bottom to top
world?

Comments and lambasting: go

Thanks!