nanog mailing list archives

optical gear cooling requirements

From: Alex Rubenstein <alex () corp nac net>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2015 14:27:40 +0000

The rock has turned over for a moment and I have crawled out. It is good to see the sunlight from time to time.

Those who know me know my life has gotten away from networking and that sort of thing, and I am fully immersed in
datacenter design and construction for IT type loads (blades, compute, disk, etc.). However, I am presented with the
challenge of having to deal with some optical gear (Ciena stuff, mainly). My question: have the optical folks woken up
and made things cool front to back, or are they still in to the bottom to top world?

Comments and lambasting: go

Thanks!