nanog mailing list archives

Re: Looking for information on IGP choices in dual-stack networks

From: Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 09:02:29 +0200

On 10/Jun/15 02:59, Victor Kuarsingh wrote:

I would agree with statements form Joel earlier with respect to cases
where early vendor support may have influenced some network zones
(inside a given AS) to support a different IGP (his case of OSPFv3 for
devices which lacked IS-IS support is one I did face a few years back
as well in the DC with respect to Load balancing  and Firewall devices).

Also, router CPU's were much slower then than they are now.

The IGP's have gotten a little more complex also, but by-and-large, are
still the same if you don't do "fancy things". So there would be a
certain amount of increase in scale that an IGP domain would support,
perhaps, regardless of which IGP is chosen.

Mark.