nanog mailing list archives

Re: Android (lack of) support for DHCPv6

From: Doug Barton <dougb () dougbarton us>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 15:10:39 -0700

On 6/10/15 2:46 PM, Ted Hardie wrote:
​That's fair enough, and some variability in what N is depending on
device is as a well.  But understanding whether what we're actually
looking for is "static" or "single" is a pretty key piece of the
requirements scoping, and it sounds like "static" is it, at least from
your perspective.  Is that a fair assessment?

Ted,

I honestly can't tell if you're deliberately misrepresenting my argument, or if you're just being dense. You snipped the several places in my previous message where I stated what I think the best way forward is. But just in case it's the latter, not the former:

"I think PD is the right answer here of course ..."

"Meanwhile, DHCPv6 + PD solves all of Lorenzo's stated problems, but he won't implement it because "DHCP." That's not something you can engineer around."

Doug

--
I am conducting an experiment in the efficacy of PGP/MIME signatures. This message should be signed. If it is not, or the signature does not validate, please let me know how you received this message (direct, or to a list) and the mail software you use. Thanks!