nanog mailing list archives

Re: eBay is looking for network heavies...

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 23:49:03 -0400 (EDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shane Ronan" <shane () ronan-online com>

When I was asked the default BGP timers across three different vendor
platforms as measure of my networking ability during an interview, I
replied saying I'd look them up if needed them.

I was told I didn't understand BGP in enough detail, despite being able to
describe all the steps of BGP session establishment and route
exchange.

Certs have ruined the industry.

Maybe.  But they certainly saved you from having to work for an asshole
with misplaced priorities...

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com