nanog mailing list archives

Re: eBay is looking for network heavies...

From: Larry Sheldon <larrysheldon () cox net>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2015 23:47:34 -0500

On 6/6/2015 05:43, shawn wilson wrote:
My first thought on reading that was "who the hell cares if a person
knows about internet culture". But than I had to reconsider - it's a
very apt way of telling if someone read the right books :)

I would also add Ritchie, Thompson, and Diffie to that list (since you
ask about Larry, it's only appropriate).

I find it interesting that I have not note a mention of people like Radia Pearlman and [name advancing years have stolen from me] that wrote a 3 volume set (I think it was) (that I can not find in the post-great-downsizing-bookshelves-disarray at the moment*).

*did a little Binging--Not W. Richard Stevens although the subconscious thinks "steven" might have been the first name.

NO!  Douglas E. Comer "Internetworking with TCP/IP"
(Nice try subconscious!  Volume 3 is co-authored by David L. Stevens.)
--
sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (Juvenal)