nanog mailing list archives

RE: Checkpoint IPS

From: "Terry Baranski" <terry.baranski.list () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 16:24:05 -0500

On 6 Feb 2015, at 3:01, Roland Dobbins wrote:

Which highlights the importance of broadness of experience, of
knowledge and understanding of the experiences of others, and
understanding of the implications of scale.

It highlights the importance of knowing what you're doing in the real world,
on networks that exist and which you actually understand intimately,
end-to-end. And maybe also of not working for vendors, since these two
things are often mutually exclusive.

By their very nature, it's impossible to do so.

Nope. But in any case, I've violated what I said this morning about not
turning this into a big back-and-forth. (Sorry.)

-Terry