nanog mailing list archives

Re: symmetric vs. asymmetric [was: Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality]

From: Miles Fidelman <mfidelman () meetinghouse net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 15:47:58 -0500

Folks,

Let's not go overboard here. Can we remember that most corporate and campus (and, for that matter home) networks are symmetric, at least at the edges. Personally, I figure that by deploying PON, the major carriers were just asking for trouble down the line. It's not like carrier-grade gigE switches are that much more expensive than PON gear.

Miles Fidelman