nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verizon Policy Statement on Net Neutrality

From: Lamar Owen <lowen () pari edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 12:58:29 -0500

On 02/27/2015 09:50 AM, Rob McEwen wrote:
btw - does anyone know if that thick book of regulations, you know... those hundreds of pages we weren't allowed to see before the vote... anyone know if that is available to the public now? If so, where?
You were allowed to see the proposed rules in the NPRM's appendix A. The R&O will state which of those were adopted, which were reconsidered after reading the public comments, etc. Watch docket 14-28 and when the R&O (or MR&O maybe) is released you'll be able to read that. The R&O will contain a pointer to which section of 47CFR the rules will be in, and you can get those from multiple places. The easiest way is through eCFR (www.ecfr.gov), a part of the GPO, which publishes all these sorts of things.

Now, the R&O isn't available yet, but the regs themselves are. Check out 47CFR§8.1-17, already available through the eCFR. Here's a link:
http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=3f0ad879cf046fa8e4edd14261ef70f2&node=pt47.1.8&rgn=div5

That has got to be the smallest full section of 47CFR I've ever read.....