nanog mailing list archives

Re: OT - Small DNS "appliances" for remote offices.

From: Justin Wilson - MTIN <lists () mtin net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 13:01:22 -0500

Have you looked at Mikrotik?
www.mikrotik.com

It may be lacking for DNS options you want, but worth a look.

Justin

Justin Wilson j2sw () mtin net
http://www.mtin.net  Managed Services – xISP Solutions – Data Centers
http://www.thebrotherswisp.com Podcast about xISP topics
http://www.midwest-ix.com  Peering – Transit – Internet Exchange

On Feb 18, 2015, at 12:32 PM, Michael Bubb <michael.bubb () gmail com> wrote:

What is your desired cost per unit?

Reminds me of needing small pfsense based boxes a few years back. Used this
company's hardware:

http://www.logicsupply.com/computers/solutions/firewall-networking/

I bet you could get something fairly rugged and low maintenance for $400 or
so.