nanog mailing list archives

Re: Consumer products with baked-in VLAN tagging

From: Nick Hilliard <nick () foobar org>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 11:59:51 +0100

On 05/04/2015 03:32, Robert Seastrom wrote:
As you may know if you've played around with recent Apple Airports
(Express at least) in bridge mode with "guest network" turned on, they
seem to know about 802.1q and have fairly reasonable or at least
defensible behavior out of the box - that is to say they move the
"native" SSID as untagged, and the "guest" SSID tagged 802.1q VLAN
1003.

This behavior does not appear to be field-modifyable.

Didn't know about that trick.

I'm going to immediately enable vlan 1003 on the cisco switch that my
express is connected to.

Nick