nanog mailing list archives

Re: Any google network admins out there?

From: Randy <nanog () afxr net>
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 03:01:24 -0500

On 4/4/2015 3:11 AM, Lou Ashtonhurst wrote:
Randy, you can just use the contact details on their page about it:

https://support.google.com/websearch/contact/ban

Ask them for the netflow or other source of proof. My understanding was they blocked on /32s not larger subnets which would indicate that the traffic is coming from your network, and not someone with a similar address, but you should be able to check once they give you the info.

Hope that helps a bit
Lou

I've gotten a new IP by my ISP and the issue has gone away, but it was extra cost and inconvenience as I have to resetup my "non google" related services back up. I'm a developer, and one whos adept at removing malware, of which I broke my computer twice trying to find any existence of. Google has not responded yet from that contact form from when I submitted that originally. I've also found several places/fourms where people are having the same issue I was, hopefully it doesn't come back.