nanog mailing list archives

Re: update

From: Jim Popovitch <jimpop () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 23:14:19 -0400

On Sep 24, 2014 10:56 PM, "William Herrin" <bill () herrin us> wrote:

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 10:52 PM, Jim Popovitch <jimpop () gmail com> wrote:
I *did* read that, and it doesn't change anything about what I wrote.
Debian didn't make those changes for you......   Debian has never set
root's shell to bash, ever.   PEBKAC?

I've been running Debian for longer than the dash shell has existed.
What do you imagine the default shell was back then?

chisel & stone?   :-)  j/k I'm probably also old enough to remember, but I
don't really care to.

Definitely PEBKAC. You just picked the wrong chair.

I'm seeing that.

-Jim P.