nanog mailing list archives

Re: update

From: Jimmy Hess <mysidia () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 20:27:39 -0500

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 7:41 PM, Chris Adams <cma () cmadams net> wrote:
Has anybody looked to see if the popular web software the users install
and don't maintain (e.g. Wordpress, phpBB, Joomla, Drupal) use system()

Wouldn't it be great if it was JUST  system()?   It's also  popen(),
shell_exec(),  passhru(),  exec(),  backtic operator.

I am pretty sure ALL of them use at least 1 of these in various places
out of the box,  and many plugins use these as well,  such that a
shell could be invoked,  but  popen() on $sendmail is  particularly
common.

or the like to call out to external programs?  What about service
provider type stuff like RT?  I know Nagios calls out to shell scripts

--
-JH