nanog mailing list archives

Re: update

From: William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 22:56:10 -0400

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 10:52 PM, Jim Popovitch <jimpop () gmail com> wrote:
I *did* read that, and it doesn't change anything about what I wrote.
Debian didn't make those changes for you......   Debian has never set
root's shell to bash, ever.   PEBKAC?

I've been running Debian for longer than the dash shell has existed.
What do you imagine the default shell was back then?

Definitely PEBKAC. You just picked the wrong chair.

-Bill

--
William Herrin ................ herrin () dirtside com  bill () herrin us
Can I solve your unusual networking challenges?