nanog mailing list archives

Re: A translation (was Re: An update from the ICANN ISPCP meeting...)

From: Eric Brunner-Williams <brunner () nic-naa net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 19:04:35 -0700

On 10/27/14 1:32 PM, goemon () anime net wrote:
[snip]
I should clarify I was thinking about whois on the IP blocks and/or ASN. not dns for domain names.

if your network is spewing sewage, there should be some way to contact you. if you are uninterested in being contacted, there's always RBLs I guess.

As both David and Barry have observed, the interest in useful "authorship" information (origin, authority, etc) for name-to-resource associations need not be limited to third-parties engaged in prosecution of trademarks infringement or criminal laws.

Thank you for your patience in this thread, and for the suggestion of the interest of first-parties.

Eric