nanog mailing list archives

Re: A translation (was Re: An update from the ICANN ISPCP meeting...)

From: goemon () anime net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 10:12:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 27 Oct 2014, Barry Shein wrote:
> I disagree. Perhaps my age is showing, but I believe the whole point of the registration database is to provide contact
information to allow someone to contact the registrant for whatever reason, e.g., "hey, stop that!".
It's the old problem, crooks don't hand out business cards.
And, again, at what cost, and to whom?

If you can't be bothered to have correct contact info, your packets go into the scavenger queue. Or get redirected to a webpage explaining why your network is blocked until you correct it.

Your customers will be the ones complaining to you.

-Dan