nanog mailing list archives

Re: Linux: concerns over systemd [OT]

From: Miles Fidelman <mfidelman () meetinghouse net>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 14:49:38 -0400

Lamar Owen wrote:
On 10/27/2014 11:35 AM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
I will counter with "you wouldn't be running a "real" distro in that case anyway; you'd be running something super trimmed down, and possibly custom built, or based on something like CoreOS, that only does one job. Well.

Hmm, now this one I wasn't aware of.... this tidbit here has made this thread worthwhile to me, as we work on developing some clustered 'things' for use here..... CoreOS wasn't even on the 'look at this at some point in time' list before, but it is now..... Thanks, Jay.

Funny, and here my reaction is just the opposite - to remove CoreOS from my list of things to look at.

Cheers,

Miles Fidelman