nanog mailing list archives

RE: Shared Transition Space VS. BGP Next Hop [was: Re: Best practices IPv4/IPv6 BGP (dual stack)]

From: Vitkovský Adam <adam.vitkovsky () swan sk>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 10:50:39 +0000

From: Mark Tinka [mailto:mark.tinka () seacom mu]

On Tuesday, May 06, 2014 11:27:09 AM Rajiv Asati (rajiva)
wrote:

Segment routing (SR) could/would certainly work with single-stack v6
and enable MPLS forwarding.

Certainly, but based on the Paris meeting, it was not high up on the agenda.

So we will, likely, have to rely on other solutions and wait for SR to catch up
later.

At the moment, it seems SR is being pushed hard for PCEP as well as SDN.

Mark.

I think the most revolutionary SR use case is the:
3.2.  Protecting a node segment upon the failure of its advertising node.
Of the now expired: draft-filsfils-rtgwg-segment-routing-use-cases-02.

It's the first, complete and elegant FRR solution for the hierarchical MPLS implementations.

adam