nanog mailing list archives

Re: Shared Transition Space VS. BGP Next Hop [was: Re: Best practices IPv4/IPv6 BGP (dual stack)]

From: Chris Grundemann <cgrundemann () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 11:23:56 -0600

On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 3:26 AM, Måns Nilsson <mansaxel () besserwisser org> wrote:
The fact that you need v4 space to build a MPLS backbone is a very good
reason to not waste a /10 on CGN crap.

Ah, so you're in the camp that a /10 given to one organization for
their private use would have been better than reserving that /10 for
_everyone_ to use. We'll have to agree to disagree there.

Ideally, we would have a solution where an entire MPLS infrastructure
could be built without v4 space, demoting v4 to a legacy application
inside a VRF, but the MPLS standards wg seems content with status quo.

We can agree on that.

Thanks,
~Chris

--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668

--
@ChrisGrundemann
http://chrisgrundemann.com