nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 at 50% for VZW (Re: NAT IP and Google)

From: Martin Hannigan <hannigan () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 21:46:06 -0400

On Thursday, May 22, 2014, Martin Hannigan <hannigan () gmail com> wrote:

On Thursday, May 22, 2014, Rubens Kuhl <rubensk () gmail com<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','rubensk () gmail com');>>
wrote:

Jared,

Akamai has been v6 enabled for years. Customers have choices and know
best.

Isn't your network still offering both as customer choices? :-)

Making new customers dual-stack by default for the last two years would
have gone far in increasing IPv6, unless Akamai is only losing customers
other CDNs instead of getting new ones...

Rubens

My job isn't to increase v6. It's to make sure we can serve traffic over
protocols we are asked to. We are dual stacked which means our customers
are.

And correcting typo. Apologies, slippery thumbs

Best,

-M<