nanog mailing list archives

Re: Open source hardware

From: TGLASSEY <tglassey () earthlink net>
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 16:03:38 -0800

Arnd - the German Government is most likely a partner meaning overloading the NSA is pointless if you could.

Todd

On 1/5/2014 1:15 AM, Arnd Vehling wrote:
Hi,

On 04.01.2014 21:07, Daniël W. Crompton wrote:
To my surprise I am seeing a theme fatalistic acceptance in this thread,

thats not really suprising. Then most poeple dont understand the implications "this" has.

A number have mentioned that if you are targeted there is little you can
do, and this is something that I agree with to a certain extent.

Here i agree too. But i think it should be in possible to overload them by mass-creating fake data and honey pots. They dont have endless resources especially when it comes to decrypting. So, if just 10% of the "aware persons" start firing up "NSA honeypots" they get a resource problem and will fail at selecting targets.

// Arnd

--

Personal Email - Disclaimers Apply