nanog mailing list archives

Re: 7206 VXR NPE-G1 throughput

From: Dan Brisson <dbrisson () uvm edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 22:06:03 -0500

My Cisco SE brought up an interesting alternative. This summer we're replacing our 6513 Sup720 with a pair of 6807 with redundant Sup 2Ts. It is where all our internal Fiber terminates and where internal routing happens. He said we can add extra memory and terminate our BGP sessions here and use that for our Internet connections. After thinking it over, I'd still rather have dedicated routers for our Internet access but I'm curious what you guys think about this suggestion.
I think at the Internet edge, physical separation trumps logical unless you have no other choice. Personally, I would keep them separate.

My .02,

-dan