nanog mailing list archives

Re: So Philip Smith / Geoff Huston's CIDR report becomes worth a good hard look today

From: "McElearney, Kevin" <Kevin_McElearney () cable comcast com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 01:54:12 +0000

From:  Matthew Petach <mpetach () netflight com>

Unless you guys are miraculously managing to terminate

Nx100G bundles into 6509s with Sup2 or sup3s, I would
be really, really surprised if this even made it on your
radar.  Chalk it up to poorly-researched reporting.

And if you *are* handling Nx100G bundles on 6509s,
please contact me off-list, I need to get the details on
your source for magic router pixie dust.   ;)

It made the radar with the consumer impact.  We traced the issue quickly
to customer datacenter routers/512K and worked with them to correct.  We
were surprised (or not really) with this being called a wide spread
provider issue.  Just checking if others really had an issue or was this
isolated to a few data centers.

No pixie dust ;-)

        - Kevin