nanog mailing list archives

Re: Muni Fiber and Politics

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 09:34:00 -0700

Today, somewhere around $6,000 or more depending on provider, location, etc.

That’s with IP transit included.

Owen

On Aug 1, 2014, at 9:09 AM, Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com> wrote:

What is the MRC of a 10GE port?

On August 1, 2014 1:40:50 AM EDT, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka () seacom mu> wrote:
On Thursday, July 31, 2014 02:01:28 PM Måns Nilsson wrote:

It is better, both for the customer and the provider.

If the provider is able to deliver 1Gbps to every home
(either on copper or fibre) with little to no uplink
oversubscription (think 44x customer-facing Gig-E ports + 4x
10Gbps uplink ports), essentially, there is no limit to what
services a provider and its partners can offer to its
customers.

Mark.