nanog mailing list archives

Re: comcast ipv6 PTR

From: Brielle Bruns <bruns () 2mbit com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 08:51:12 -0600

Sent from my iPhone so be gentle about formatting errors.

On Oct 15, 2013, at 7:20 AM, Chris Adams <cma () cmadams net> wrote:

Once upon a time, Blair Trosper <blair.trosper () gmail com> said:
That gets to the core of the original question.  I figured there must be a
reason for the conscious omission.  However, I've noticed also that Comcast
hasn't bothered to give PTR to their routers, either.

I have a Comcast residential circuit with IPv6, and I see reverse DNS
for router hops past the first device.
--

CenturyLink offers 6rd to both residential customers and business, but no way to set RDNS on the individual /64 or /48s
assigned to each static ipv4 address the customer has.  Rather huge omission, IMHO.

I got bit by this bad when !$@& google started outright rejecting email from ipv6 addresses with no RDNS.

Yay exim for allowing me to tag broken remote smtp servers to only use ipv4.

Brielle