nanog mailing list archives

Re: looking for terminology recommendations concerning non-rooted FQDNs

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 17:46:27 -0500

So, should browsers send absolute host names in http/1.1 requests, and shouldn't servers strip the trailing dot if they
get one?

I vote No and Yes, resp.

Brian Reichert <reichert () numachi com> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 05:21:02PM -0500, Jay Ashworth wrote:
In short, "yes, Jay, I do".  Got it.  :-)

:)

You saw Joe's second reply?

Apparently, I lost track of that while writing this up. :)

--
Brian Reichert                         <reichert () numachi com>
BSD admin/developer at large