nanog mailing list archives

Re: The 100 Gbit/s problem in your network

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 15:50:50 -0500

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Scott Helms <khelms () zcorum com> wrote:
If you're a large MSO (say top 15)
then I can see it with today's technology, but even those guys seem to be
moving in other directions to get out of the provider controlled set top
box model.

really? verizon still wants to sell the hell out of their crappy box
to me... despite the fact that I say: "No, I have a tivo, it works
better...."

same, btw, for comcast...

They all seem to want to push their own box on users :( to the extent
that they tread the line on legality of pushing away 'cablecard' users
:(