nanog mailing list archives

Re: The 100 Gbit/s problem in your network

From: fredrik danerklint <fredan-nanog () fredan se>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 20:58:42 +0100

"allow my customers as an ISP to cache the content at their home".

Do you *mean* "their home" -- an end-user residence?

Yes, I do *mean* that.

As in you, Jay, should be allowed to run your own cache server in your
home (Traffic Server is the one that I'm using in the TLMC concept).

Wouldn't you like that?

It would do little good; my hit rate on such a cache would be unlikely to
be high enough to merit the traffic to keep it charged.

(Children watching a movie only once? Not a chance. It's more like unlimited number of times and then some more...).

So don't set-up an cache server at your home/residence.

--
//fredan