nanog mailing list archives

Re: Muni fiber: L1 or L2?

From: Scott Helms <khelms () zcorum com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 17:03:22 -0500

Mark,

That's true but none (AFAIK) of those connections are being built by muni's
and all of the hand offs are done to the ISPs at layer 2.

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Mark Andrews <marka () isc org> wrote:

In message <
CAMrdfRw6B3+sPovj3W0xnVqkxgSe6ZB5hgLiCqX4kGzxpE7ytA () mail gmail com>
, Scott Helms writes:
I answered (I think) your other points in the last email I wrote, but I
wanted to address these specifically.

I believe that Sweden operates largely on this model and that the
Australia
NBN project does as well.

I would say that the Swedish model is a definite success.

Australia's NBN is still the planning and arguing phase.

They may still be arguing, but there are fiber and fixed wireless
customers receiving packets.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: marka () isc org

--
Scott Helms
Vice President of Technology