nanog mailing list archives

Re: The Making of a Router

From: Faisal Imtiaz <faisal () snappytelecom net>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 21:24:54 +0000 (GMT)

Fair point.. but in real life, isn't that true for everything...

I say the same .... be familiar(honest awareness) with the limits (limitations) and capabilities of your specific
solution, be it a 'dyi' or a commercial solution, before pushing it to the limit.

Unless of course, you have factored in the ability to deal with the consequences.

Most 'DYI' solutions, make the non-techy bean counters very nervous, and seeing a major 'name brand' label for some odd
reason makes them real comfortable, ir-respective of the capabilities or function of either solution.

If you have to answer to the bean counters, then this is a very valid point to be considered.

:)

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street
Miami, FL 33155
Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232

Help-desk: (305)663-5518 Option 2 or Email: Support () Snappytelecom net