nanog mailing list archives

Re: The Making of a Router

From: Faisal Imtiaz <faisal () snappytelecom net>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 20:26:13 +0000 (GMT)

Well said Baldur....

For those who are movie buffs.. here is the snippet that visually summaries..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEkOT3IngMQ

As to the knee jerk reaction to a server doing routing.... such folks tend to forget that
Routers are purpose built servers....and most of the Internet Routing was originally done by servers (or main frames or
minis) etc.

:)

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street
Miami, FL 33155
Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232

Help-desk: (305)663-5518 Option 2 or Email: Support () Snappytelecom net