nanog mailing list archives

Re: The Making of a Router

From: Seth Mattinen <sethm () rollernet us>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 13:32:33 -0800

On 12/26/13, 13:22, Nick Cameo wrote:
Ummm, if it's ok with the community, can you kindly elaborate:). I am
not too fond of Debian since my horrible experience with Squeeze Desktop.
I would maybe like to try this using the combination of SSD, in memory, and
Gentoo?

Not to sound rude, but if someone gives you a how-to but you don't like it (since making a router and a desktop environment are totally the same thing), you are welcome to come up with your own based on what you like instead of telling them to give you new instructions to suit your preferences.

~Seth