nanog mailing list archives

Re: The Making of a Router

From: Shawn Wilson <ag4ve.us () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 12:59:40 -0500

Totally agree that a routing box should be standalone for tons of reasons. Even separating network routing and call
routing.

It used to be that BSD's network stack was much better than Linux's under load. I'm not sure if this is still the case
- I've never been put in the situation where the Linux kernel was at its limits. FWIW

Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net> wrote:
Have to agree on the below. I've seen too many devices be so integrated
they do no task well, and can't be rebooted to troubleshoot due to
everyone using them.

Jared Mauch

On Dec 26, 2013, at 10:55 AM, Andrew D Kirch <trelane () trelane net>