nanog mailing list archives

Re: turning on comcast v6

From: Cutler James R <james.cutler () consultant com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 14:47:00 -0500

On Dec 9, 2013, at 12:32 PM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster () gmail com> wrote:

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Cutler James R
<james.cutler () consultant com> wrote:
According to Comcast’s DOCSIS Devices page, http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/?s=i&so=1&e=0&d3=1&tier=-1&sc=84, the
Cisco DPC3008 is not supported for IPv6.  You could always try enabling IPv6 on a system directly connected to the
Cisco and see what happens. I’m not optimistic.

Are you sure you are looking at the correct page?  The DPC3008 shows
are supported with IPv6 to me, and since I am using it, it does seem to
work....  The DPC3000, on the other hand is not supported.

Oops, I slipped up or down a line scanning across the page.

I am now more optimistic.

        Cutler