nanog mailing list archives

Re: turning on comcast v6

From: "Livingood, Jason" <Jason_Livingood () cable comcast com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 12:41:48 +0000

On 12/9/13, 12:34 PM, "Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu" <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu>
wrote:

On Mon, 09 Dec 2013 11:51:46 -0500, Cutler James R said:

According to Comcast's DOCSIS Devices page,
http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/?s=3Di&so=1&e=0&d3=1&tier=-1&sc=84
the Cisco DPC3008 is not supported for IPv6.  You could always try
enabling IPv6 on a system directly connected to the Cisco and see what
happens. I'm not optimistic.

That page also says the Zoom 5341 cable modem doesn't do IPv6, although
the device in my living room says it does indeed do so but its upstream
refuses to provision it.

While I won't speak to specific device makes/models, we at Comcast add a
device to the v6 list after we have tested and shown that it works. In my
experience, hearing "our device/router/software/whatever supports IPv6²
isn¹t generally specific enough and often doesn¹t mean much until it has
been tested. ;-)

Jason