nanog mailing list archives

Re: turning on comcast v6

From: Chuck Anderson <cra () WPI EDU>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 11:32:16 -0500

On Mon, Dec 09, 2013 at 11:19:18AM -0500, Christopher Morrow wrote:
On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Randy Bush <randy () psg com> wrote:
do you see PD from your modem? or RA's?

still trying to educate the opwnwrt (attitude adjustment on netgear
3800).
yea, so my 'saga' started with:
  1) "dlink 615 doesn't like dhcp-pd ... and is flat broken for v6"
  2) oh! dd-wrt does this platform too, and v6
basically ... this is much harder to do than it shoudl be :( and yes,
I can probably do something like plug in my raspberry-pi and make that
a 'router' but come on... in 2013 I have to home-brew something to get
a protocol developed and engineered in 2000 to work? :(

(this raised itself above my level of 'fixed in a weekend' project, so
my comcast v6 lays fallow... NOTE: this is NOT comcast's fault, in my
eyes.)

Another option to try out is CeroWRT.  Its based on OpenWRT
development releases and focuses on good IPv6 support in addition to
its raison d'ĂȘtre, debloating buffers.

http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Wiki

Still waiting for my CMTS to be upgraded...