nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verizon DSL moving to CGN

From: "Rajiv Asati (rajiva)" <rajiva () cisco com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 22:03:49 +0000

Chris,

Your points are well taken.

Cheers,
Rajiv

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Monday, April 8, 2013 3:57 PM
To: Rajiv Asati <rajiva () cisco com>
Cc: Chuck Anderson <cra () WPI EDU>, nanog list <nanog () nanog org>
Subject: Re: Verizon DSL moving to CGN

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Rajiv Asati (rajiva)
<rajiva () cisco com> wrote:

Chris,

That's an incorrect draft pointer. Here is the correct one -

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-softwire-map
tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-softwire-map-t
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-softwire-map-t>
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-softwire-map-dhcp

great, but still a draft, not an official standard.

And no, Cisco has no IPR on MAP wrt the above drafts.

'yet'... they don't have to officially declare until WGLC... and REALLY
not until the draft is sent up to the IESG, but doing it early is
certainly nice so that the WG has an opportunity to say: "yea, IPR here
is going to cause a problem with
interop/etc".

Cheers,
Rajiv

PS: Please do note that the IPRs mostly get nullified once they are
through the IETF standards process.

that's not been my experience.. see flow-spec for a great example.
'mostly nullified' is .. disingenuous at best.