nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verizon DSL moving to CGN

From: "Rajiv Asati (rajiva)" <rajiva () cisco com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 18:19:59 +0000

CGN-like box. Yes, it's stateless. Doesn't matter, I still need to flow
traffic through a dedicated box because MAP won't be implemented in my
regular routers (if you know otherwise, please speak up).

Yes, MAP (T-Translation or E-Encap mode) is implemented on two regular
routers that I know of - ASR9K and ASR1K. Without that, you are right that
MAP wouldn't have been as beneficial as claimed.

It's still NAT.

Yes, assuming MAP-T.
No, assuming, MAP-E

Cheers,