nanog mailing list archives

Re: Typical additional latency for CGN?

From: Owen DeLong <owen () delong com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 16:39:40 -0700

True, but, as we have discussed before, mobile users, especially in the US,
have dramatically lowered expectations of internet access from their mobile
devices vs. what they expect from a household ISP.

We expect half the services we want to be crippled by mobile carriers because
they don't like competition. We file lawsuits when that happens on our
terrestrial connections.

Owen

Except now you have to do mediation, since class action lawsuits are now null and void. :)

I'm not convinced that's actually true, however, even if you ignore the idea of a class-action,
the more effective approach is a vast fleet of small-claims cases. Corporations are generally
much better prepared and resourced to deal with mediation and/or class-actions. An
influx of a huge number of small-claims actions in courts all over the place, OTOH, costs
very little resources on the plaintiff side while having a much larger impact on the
corporation, even if the corporation prevails in every case.

Owen