nanog mailing list archives

Re: Plages d'adresses IP Orange

From: Seth Mattinen <sethm () rollernet us>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 15:27:18 -0800

On 11/20/12 3:19 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
In message <50ABC681.5040703 () rollernet us>, Seth Mattinen writes:
On 11/19/12 9:16 AM, Jamie Bowden wrote:
Actually, this is kind of an interesting aside.  Last time I checked, Canad
a counts as North America and large parts of Quebec are inhabited by folks wh
o don't speak much, if any, English.  Having said that, I can't recall having
 seen any Quebecois posting in French here, but I find it hard to believe tho
se folks don't have use for a list like this.

Quebecois French and French aren't exactly the same. My dad once had to
order "le pancakes" for breakfast because the waitress didn't understand
"le crepes".

Well pancakes are not crepes.  Different receipe, different appearance,
different texture, similar taste.

If you ask for something that is not on the menu ....

No, this was the Quebecois waitress not understanding the French word,
not semantics. It's probably illegal to print the word "pancake" in
Quebec anyway.

~Seth