nanog mailing list archives

Re: Shim6, was: Re: filtering /48 is going to be necessary

From: Robert Bonomi <bonomi () mail r-bonomi com>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 11:55:51 -0500 (CDT)

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu [mailto:Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu]

The only reason you got HDMI at all was because the content owners
managed to get HDCP included.  You won't get a replacement that doesn't
do HDCP until we fix the sorry state of copyright in the US.

So it's equivalent to asking if we're going to fix copyright within
your lifetime... :)

When the revolution comes, all will be fixed.

Mmmmmhmmmmm. Yeah. But until then, it's equivalent to solving the
halting problem.

   "Come the revolution, things will be different."

   Not necessarily -better-, but _different_.

   <wry grin>