nanog mailing list archives

Re: job screening question

From: Randy <randy_94108 () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 21:17:29 -0700 (PDT)

From: William Herrin <bill () herrin us>
Subject: Re: job screening question
To: "Randy" <randy_94108 () yahoo com>
Cc: "nanog () nanog org" <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 7:36 PM
On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 10:10 PM,
Randy <randy_94108 () yahoo com>
wrote:
How about another HR-Question:

what do 0.0.0.0/1 and 128.0.0.0.0/1 as static-routes
accomplish?

Override the dynamic (e.g. DHCP) default route. Often so you
can
implement a workaround that central Network Security
wouldn't approve
of. :-)

<smile>
Yes of course! But NOT the "answer" I am looking for(..and want to hear..) because -

1) having such default-routes "internally" is a terribly-bad/broken idea.

I am looking for a "candidate" who can actually say the same and go on to say: "it is a kludge that can be put in place
to load-share between two links to upstreams when "budgetary-constraints" prevent us from anything but static-routing -
two upstreams terminating on the same router.

There You go:

So, There are some questions (includes Your original-question) that HR should not be asking.

There is a big difference between Engineering-Management and Management-Engineering.....(Morton Thiokol/Challenger is a
classic case in point.)
Regards,
./Randy

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William D. Herrin ................ herrin () dirtside comĀ
bill () herrin us