nanog mailing list archives

Re: World IPv6 Launch Day - June 6, 2012

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 12:31:30 -0500

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 12:04 PM, Owen DeLong <owen () delong com> wrote:

My question is when is FiOS going to get v6 natively? could we get the
engineers there to actually do something as opposed to trials of
non-production systems that'll never actually get deployed? :)

My understanding is that some areas have native IPv6 on FIOS.

really? I terminate on the same CO/l3 device the testing was done (you
know, the one that was press-released ~1.5 years ago?) ... no v6 for
me... and as near as I can tell each sales/support person I talk to
says: "ipvwhat?"

I would bet that the VERIZON fios deployments are non-v6 everywhere...
which is just sad, for the internet and for verizon.

-chris