nanog mailing list archives

Re: How are you doing DHCPv6 ?

From: Daniel Roesen <dr () cluenet de>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 07:14:59 +0100

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 12:31:25AM +0000, Brzozowski, John wrote:
Are there any DHCPv6 servers currently that actually function in a
fashion that is suitable for service providers?

Without specifying your requirements, that's hard to say. If you're
looking for fully state-sync'ed DHCPv6 server HA, I'm not aware of any.
[jjmb] same here, I expect a specification would be required first.

Well, there's nothing preventing vendors to implement proprietary state
synchronization schemes like they did for DHCPv4 too. I think that "we
need to wait for the standard" is just a mere excuse. Revamping CI of
the user interface is a much higher priority these days. :)

Best regards,
Daniel

--
CLUE-RIPE -- Jabber: dr () cluenet de -- dr@IRCnet -- PGP: 0xA85C8AA0