nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verisign deep-hacked. For months.

From: Suresh Ramasubramanian <ops.lists () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 05:56:17 +0530

So what part of VRSN got broken into?  They do a lot more than just DNS.

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 5:00 AM, Zaid Ali <zaid () zaidali com> wrote:

VeriSign said its executives "do not believe these attacks breached the
servers that support our Domain Name System network,"

"Oh my God," said Stewart Baker, former assistant secretary of the
Department of Homeland Security and before that the top lawyer at the
National Security Agency. "That could allow people to imitate almost any
company on the Net."

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian (ops.lists () gmail com)