nanog mailing list archives

Re: Verisign deep-hacked. For months.

From: Zaid Ali <zaid () zaidali com>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 15:30:40 -0800

I love this

VeriSign said its executives "do not believe these attacks breached the
servers that support our Domain Name System network,"

"Oh my God," said Stewart Baker, former assistant secretary of the
Department of Homeland Security and before that the top lawyer at the
National Security Agency. "That could allow people to imitate almost any
company on the Net."

Sounds like another opportunity for <insert congress person> to propose
SOPA-2

Zaid