nanog mailing list archives

Re: Hi speed trading - hi speed monitoring

From: Jay Ashworth <jra () baylink com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 13:46:56 -0500 (EST)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Valdis Kletnieks" <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu>

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 13:01:36 EST, Rodrick Brown said:
Trades today in the equity markets must be within the national best
bid, best
offer price range or companies can be fined by the SEC which is why
latency
an jitter can be problematic in financial networks.

Am I the only one who thinks that if network jitter can make you fall
outside
the acceptable price window, maybe, just maybe, the market is just too
damned
volatile for its own good?

You are not the only one.

Cheers,
-- jr 'hold any purchased stock for a minimum of 7 days' a
--
Jay R. Ashworth                  Baylink                       jra () baylink com