nanog mailing list archives

RE: [#135346] Unauthorized BGP Announcements (follow up to Hijacked

From: George Bonser <gbonser () seven com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 07:53:53 +0000

Back in the old days, people cared about policing bad behavior.

And I believe that is all that is needed today.  We simply, as a community, need to decide that we aren't going to
tolerate such behavior.  It really is that simple.  The problem seems to be getting people to act.  In fact, as this
demonstrations, actions don't have to be taken often.  Generally, once the big hammer is used, it gets the point across.

Thank you, Milo, for being part of the solution.